LibreOffice desktop entries up for translation

Tom Davies tomdavies04 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 16 18:16:01 UTC 2011

Yes.  Several.  Frustration and anger are natural given that.

On the +ve side the finished complete product (Ubuntu) will be 'god enough' and
released on time.  The 1st update will add things like this that have had to be
left out and more since people are constantly developing and working hard to
improve things.  Hopefully with the next release we will work with LibreOffice
better as there were complexities this time that will have been resolved.
Perhaps more people will be motivated to help the packaging process.

We aim at excellence, not perfection.  Hmm, ok so we do often aim at perfection
but it's an unrealistic target and we have to meet that those target dates.

Compare this to other products where release dates keep getting put further and
further back and the initial release is still not 'perfect' is late, botched and
the 1st update fixes almost nothing and people don't feel motivated to meet
those deadlines.

LibreOffice is very new.  It's organisation is still undergoing constant
restructuring and rapid growth.  LO is on an aggressive development schedule
after years of stagnation and splitting off into forks which have started to
re-merge with LibreOffice main now.

Good luck and many regards from
Tom :)