String changes post User Interface freeze without notification

Laco Gubík lacogubik at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 14:44:51 UTC 2010

Hi,

In past few days I have observed that following modules had new
strings added: rhythmbox-ubuntuone-music-store, unity, indicator-me.

I have not seen any announcement regarding this in this mailing list
(please correct me if I missed something), which is what should happen
according this https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserInterfaceFreeze.

Could somebody please explain why is this happening and what can be
done to avoid this in future? If current process is not suitable, then
perhaps it should be changed. Translators should be aware of last
minute changes, otherwise it can be quite frustrating for them.
(I found strange and disappointing that this happens with
canonical/ubuntu managed modules, as it was them who put this process
in place).

Kind regards

Laco Gubík