ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu: contemplating some string changes

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 24 09:30:40 UTC 2010

El Mi 24 de 03 de 2010 a les 09:21 +0100, en/na Milo Casagrande va
escriure:
> 2010/3/23 David Planella <david.planella at ubuntu.com>:
> >
> > Thank you Dylan for the detailed info.
> >
> > If you think they are worth it and they make the installer user
> > experience more understandable and pleasant, I'm personally fine with
> > the changes. In any case though, I'd like to hear what the translations
> > community has to say, since they are also working on this and there are
> > teams which have already translated all messages.
> >
> >      * Translators, what do you say? (+1/-1/comments?)
> >
> > Whatever the outcome is, the only thing I'd like to ask you is to have
> > all strings stable by DocumentationStringFreeze in two days time.
>
> Even if 21 strings affected is a big number on the 52 total, I'm for a
> +1 only if everything is in place ASAP (read: later today). If we can
> get also an exception for the deadline on this, assuring translators
> that their work will be included, that would also be better.
>
> Ciao.

Thanks a lot Adi and Milo for the input.

It would be interesting to hear what other teams say, especially those
who have already completed translations. So far I can see the slideshow
has been translated to Albanian, Asturian, Brazilian, Portuguese,
Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech,
Dutch, English (Australia), English (Canada), English (United Kingdom),
Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Occitan
(post 1500), Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish.

What do you folks in those teams say? Would you be ok with the string
changes (+1), rather not (-1), have you got any other comments?

It would be quite useful if we could get this decided some time today.

Thanks!

Regards,
David.

--