Strange behavior with usptream translations

Milo Casagrande milo at
Mon Oct 26 22:02:33 GMT 2009

I've been noticing some strange behavior with automatic import of
upstream translations.

You can see it here:

Those strings that are "suggestions", are actually the real upstream
translations. That package translation hadn't any "changed in
Launchpad" translations before (now it has because I've been approving
suggestions since they are the real upstream translations). BTW, the
last "automatic" upload of that translations had the name of the
uploader as the last person who edited it... usually this doesn't
happen, and as far as I know that translation hasn't been changed

I've witnessed this behavior also with some manual upstream
translations upload: upstream and more recent translations got
imported as suggestions.

Am I missing something? Any ideas?

Milo Casagrande <milo at>