Getting some languages over the 80% complete level

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 18:24:43 UTC 2009

Hi David. Thanks for your answers and the link to the OOo document.

2009/10/1 David Planella <david.planella at ubuntu.com>:
> As you can see, it is a complex
> process, and for anything not addressed there, feel free to ask here as
> usual.

Well, at least this helpcontent2-* part which I was talking about.
"the imports are working for Karmic" does not seem to be true in case
of those. See eg.
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+lang/fi/+index?start=743&batch=50
- openoffice.org-help-fi is new in Debian/Ubuntu OOo 3.1 packages and
is pretty complete as is, shipped in Ubuntu. However, in Launchpad
it's not shown at all while its of tens of thousands of strings. Quite
a few other languages have had those imported to Launchpad at some
point at least.

> These are no private data. The only reason why they are internal is a
> practical one: the files must be generated there and it is not trivial
> to sync them to another location. I have already spoken to Danilo about
> putting them in a more accessible place, and we'll see if it can be done

That sounds good, as it opens all kinds of stuff that can be interesting.

-Timo