Firefox translations not updated in language packs

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Wed May 20 17:01:54 UTC 2009

Hi,

I would like to raise the discussion about the Firefox translations
changes made in Launchpad not being included in language pack.

I think this is an old problem but I did not have time to look at it
( and in the same time I'm an Epiphany user)

I have tested both the Romanian and Spanish translations for Firefox 3,
for example looking at the "about:robots" page in Jaunty I can see that
it uses the "packages translation" rather than the translation from
Launchpad .

The Launchpad translation was changed about 1 year ago, and since then
there were many language-packs updates.

https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+source/firefox-3.0/+pots/firefox/es/61/+translate

David, do you know who should be pinged about this problem? Many thanks!

In the same time I invite translators from other languages in which
Firefox was modified downstream to test that their changes are included
in Ubuntu.

Cheers!
--
Adi Roiban