u/k/x/edu/buntu docs template names

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Fri May 15 15:49:42 UTC 2009

În data de Vi, 15-05-2009 la 17:18 +0200, David Planella a scris:
> El dv 15 de 05 de 2009 a les 12:06 -0300, en/na Cody A.W. Somerville va
> escriure:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:

> Adi,
>
> Since you are coming to the UDS, I would maybe suggest to wait until
> then before you do any changes and discuss it with the members of the
> docs team if they're there. And the LP Translations guys.

I'm not making any changes unless we all agree with them and we have
consensus.

I don't know how many of Ubuntu translators or members of the
documentation team will be at UDS.
I don't see any problem if we discuss these things before (in a
transparent manner).

Another argument for renaming the template is to make them consistent
with the majority of template names.

When a translators wants to translate "X", he/she will look in the list
for a template named "X".

Right now we have "add-applications" and when I first saw that package I
was thinking it is for the Add/Remove application.

It will also group the templates from the same source package.

Right now we have "desktop-effects" followed by "dpkg" and the
"files-and-docs"

If the renaming of template names will prevent us from sharing
translations, than I think this is a valid argument and we should look
for other solutions.

Are the suggestions working in Launchpad ?
As far as I know they are deactivated for quite some time.

In the past, when the suggestions were enabled in Rosetta I remember
that they were globally available, even from templates outside of
Ubuntu.
It would make much more sense to share suggestions using an euristic
based on original text rather than template name.

--
Adi Roiban