Ubuntu Dutch translation team is closed. Solutions?

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 20 10:39:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 4:05 AM, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Via the following question :
> https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/rosetta/+question/64194
> I found out that the Ubuntu Dutch translation team is somehow closed and
> is asking new translators to work upstream.

This, if true, is extremely worrying. The Dutch translation team
contains many experienced contributors to Ubuntu (I've copied some of
them into this email) and I don't think they would intentionally wish
to subvert one of the fundamental policies of Ubuntu (making the
software available in the user's own language) for Dutch speakers.
Clearly there are a lot of Ubuntu-specific strings, and Ubuntu
documentation is only translatable through Launchpad, so an active
translation team for Ubuntu in Launchpad is absolutely essential.

Let's find out what the problem is, if any, and take it from there.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org