what is CLI string and what isn't?

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 10 11:08:29 BST 2009

El dc 08 de 07 de 2009 a les 00:48 +0300, en/na דור דנקנר va escriure:
> hey all.
> I want to know how can i find out what is CLI string and what isn't
> cause. anyway to find out..?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Ddorda

Hi Dor,

I guess the answer is that it is not easy to tell, and you must know the
programs.

Something that might help though, is having a look at the programs
listed at the Translation Project [1], since many of them are CLI
software. Remember though, that you should not take this for a complete
list, and that there might be GUI applications in there as well.

I'm guessing you are asking in order to expand this list [2].

[1] http://translationproject.org/domain/index.html
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuHebrewTranslators/CLI

david(dot)planella(at)ubuntu(dot)com
www.ubuntu.com