Update: translation errors with msgids and msgstrs

Arne Goetje arne.goetje at canonical.com
Fri Jan 16 17:26:18 UTC 2009

Dear translators,

for your convenience, here is the list of affected msgids, sorted by
release and language code:

http://people.ubuntu.com/~arne/langpack_errors/

Please note, that these lists may contain false positives.

For the cases I have checked manually, there has been a 'packaged' or
'suggested' string in Rosetta, which had its value fixed already.
However, the buggy string was still chosen to be used. Some have been
contributed, some came in with later upstream updates of the same templates.
So, before you go and manually translate every string, it might be worth
to check, if Rosetta lists already alternative suggestions, which just
need to be approved.

It is my understanding that the buggy strings have been imported some
time ago from upstream and got approved. Later updates, which fixed the
broken string ended up as 'suggests' without anyone noticing.

Hope this helps and thanks for helping!

Cheers
Arne