HEADS-UP! URGENT! Major problem with translations for Hardy and Intrepid.

Danilo Šegan danilo at canonical.com
Mon Jan 19 10:09:53 UTC 2009

Hi Marcos,

У суб, 17. 01 2009. у 16:31 +0100, Marcos пише:

> 1.- In Firefox more entries has this output:
> _firefox-ast.po:28: duplicate message definition...
> _firefox-ast.po:23: ...this is the location of the first definition
>
> But... this isn't a error! :O
> By example: Google is Google.

Firefox PO files (as exported by Launchpad) are special PO files only
used for building XPI files, and are not usable for any other uses
(unfortunately).  There is no use in checking them with "msgfmt -cv".

> 2.- In asturian we have 2 plurals, if we have translated only 1 plural,
> when we download the template from Launchpad, the command say that exist
> a wrong plural, because Launchpad not include in the downloaded template
> the "msgstr[1] """, only include the translated msgstr[0].
> I think is a Launchpad Bug :O

I am not sure exactly what you are doing, so if you want Launchpad
Translations team to investigate, please ask a question on
https://answers.launchpad.net/rosetta with all the details (including
what particular PO file and what is causing you problems).

Cheers,
Danilo