Initial set of Ubuntu Translations policies
david.planella at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 14 16:34:02 GMT 2009
I'd like to kick off the
born from the UDS discussion by starting the discussion of the set of
policies intended to bring more structure to the Ubuntu translations
The idea at this point is to come up with a list of those policies
before setting off to documenting and agreeing upon them.
Some of them will be mandatory (e.g. team coordinators to be subscribed
to the mailing list) whereas some others will be informative (e.g.
description of translation milestones during the development cycle).
Anyway, here is the initial list:
* Adding a new language to Ubuntu
* Starting a new Ubuntu translation team
* Translation team leader duties
* Stepping down as a translation team leader
* Reassessment of translation team leaders/contacts
* Usage of Translation Guidelines
* Team homepage information in Launchpad
* Team subscription policy
* Accepting new members to a team
* Translations precedence
* Translation milestones
* Optional (once these processes are more settled):
* Reporting translations bugs
* Testing language packs
I'd like to hear your thoughts on this list, in particular:
* Do you think there is something that needs changing on the list?
* Would you like to see something added to that list?
Ubuntu Translations Coordinator
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 489 bytes
Desc: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Aix=F2?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_=E9s?= una part
d'un missatge signada digitalment
Url : https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-translators/attachments/20091214/dc892f08/attachment.pgp
More information about the ubuntu-translators