Summary of the the discussions on documentation translation at UDS

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 1 22:20:35 UTC 2009

David Planella [2009-12-01 14:18 +0100]:
> (I'm CC'ing Martin as the maintainer of pkgbinarymangler, in case he
> wants to comment on this. Martin: to give you some context this is about
> the question whether -for the sake of consistency and visibility- it
> would be possible to add an exception for xubuntu-docs in
> pkgbinarymangler to have its translations stripped and imported into
> Launchpad, even though it is a universe package.)

That can be done easily, of course. I had rather expected that
Launchpad wouldn't allow this?

The translations.tar.gz is created and uploaded to Rosetta either way,
the only thing that doesn't happen for universe packages is the
stripping. So if you sorted out the LP side, please poke me, and
I'll upload the exception.

> Yes, I think with the current infrastructure it still makes sense to
> have edu/k/ubuntu-docs in the source package translation space.

Would certainly be nice, indeed.

Martin