Appeal to the developers/translators

Arne Goetje arne.goetje at canonical.com
Tue Apr 7 03:02:46 UTC 2009

Og Maciel wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 7:59 PM, Arne Goetje <arne.goetje at canonical.com> wrote:
>> Those comments are placed into the upstream source code by upstream
>> developers. Those would be the ones to yell at. (Except of course if the
>> string results of a ubuntu patch, then it would be that guy whoever
>> made/applied the patch).
>
> I'm pretty sure you didn't mean this literally, but imho we should
> strive to pave the way for more harmony between translators and
> developers, Ubuntu and upstream projects. Don't take it this the wrong
> way but your comment didn't really help the issue.

*sigh* do I really have to put sarcasm tags everywhere?
I'm sure the original poster knows pretty well, that "yelling" is not
the appropriate form of reporting such issues. I just used his words. :)

>> We template uploaders have nothing to do with that. :)
>
> Quite the opposite, you can teach/empower translators to become more
> familiarized with how FOSS projects work and how they can become
> better citizens. :)

My point was that we *template uploaders* have nothing to do with the
*upstream developers* who put those comments into the code.

The original poster did the right thing, he just barked up the wrong
tree. ;) Therefor the "pointer" to upstream.

Well, I guess I shouldn't hit the reply button when still half asleep... ;)

Cheers
Arne