Appeal to the developers/translators

Og Maciel ogmaciel at gnome.org
Tue Apr 7 01:21:27 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 7:59 PM, Arne Goetje <arne.goetje at canonical.com> wrote:
> Those comments are placed into the upstream source code by upstream
> developers. Those would be the ones to yell at. (Except of course if the
> string results of a ubuntu patch, then it would be that guy whoever
> made/applied the patch).

I'm pretty sure you didn't mean this literally, but imho we should
strive to pave the way for more harmony between translators and
developers, Ubuntu and upstream projects. Don't take it this the wrong
way but your comment didn't really help the issue.

> We template uploaders have nothing to do with that. :)

Quite the opposite, you can teach/empower translators to become more
familiarized with how FOSS projects work and how they can become
better citizens. :)

Cheers,
--
Og B. Maciel