Which packages for the installer?

Milo Casagrande milo at casagrande.name
Sat Dec 20 10:46:26 UTC 2008

Hi,

Il giorno sab, 20/12/2008 alle 10.30 +0100, Marcos ha scritto:
> We like (asturian translators) translate the CD installer (Ubuntu),
> for we can use the installer wizard in Asturian language.
>
> We translated the debian-installer package, but exist more packages
> for the installer?

Did you translated it in Launchpad?

The debian-installer is a package of its own... if you have translated
in only in Launchpad, you will see only the Ubuntu relevant string
translated on the next CD (the D-I is built only once per cycle on
normal release, I think it's built more than one on LTS).

Take a look at these pages for more information:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MiloCasagrande/DebianInstaller
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TranslatingUbuntu/DebianInstaller

If you already passed them to Debian, then, that's good and forget what
I said before! :)

Anyway, all the (biggest) packages involved in the debian-installer are:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/intrepid/+source/ubiquity
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/intrepid/+source/debian-installer
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/intrepid/+source/gfxboot-theme-ubuntu

There are other packages as well, like aptitude and dpkg, but you should
really contribute to the Debian translations.

> Once we will translated all, what is the procedure for have the
> installer in asturian? Only wait?

As I said, not in this case... there's a deadline [1] for the
translations of D-I.

Hope this can help!

Cheers.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NonLanguagePackTranslationDeadline