problems with translating dpkg

Milo Casagrande milo at casagrande.name
Fri Dec 12 23:55:01 UTC 2008

Il giorno ven, 12/12/2008 alle 22.42 +0100, Milos Mandaric ha scritto:
> One guy at #ubuntu-translators told me that stat is a program.

Actually, it was me :)

> Now i
> only don't know what fstat means. man stat says:
>
>  -f, --file-system
>               display file system status instead of file status
>
> is fstat: stat -f?

I spent a little bit of time looking into this. stat and fstat are two
functions in C, but stat is also a program.

Actually I don't know if that particular string refers to the stat
function or the program. If I was to translate that particular string, I
would keep the "name" (stat or fstat) as it is...

--
Milo Casagrande <milo at casagrande.name>