request for release notes translations

Milo Casagrande milo_casagrande at yahoo.it
Thu Apr 17 20:48:54 UTC 2008

Ciao Steve!

Il giorno gio, 17/04/2008 alle 13.37 -0700, Steve Langasek ha scritto:
> Sorry, the correct document to be translated was
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardyReleaseNotes>, which was mentioned later in
> the thread.  It looks like what you've translated here is something else -
> perhaps the "release notes" from beta or one of the alphas, which are a
> different document altogether?

Yes, basically we intend as "release notes" those informations... we are
targeting only the final release and make use of informations from Beta
and RC notes...

> For the final release, the "release notes" document known upgrade/install
> issues, so it's important that users consistently get this same
> documentation when they click on the 'release notes' button, regardless of
> language choice.  I'm happy to see other documentation contributed which
> promotes Ubuntu (although I think it would be better for everyone if we
> could agree on making the content match), but this NoteDiRilascio page
> should not be linked as the 8.04 release notes in Italian.  Would it be
> possible for you to translate those release notes as well?

It's not a problem! I think we'are going to use a subpage of that page,
we are going to keep that NoteDiRilascio for general use.

I will tell you the name of the new page ASAP.

Bye!

--
Milo Casagrande <milo_casagrande at yahoo.it>