debian-installer localization concerns (deadline tomorrow)

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed May 17 10:04:29 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 12:11 +0300, Timo Jyrinki wrote:
> Hello,

Hi, I asked the developer the answer to these questions and am passing
on his answers.

> Sorry, again some concerns about string changes. There have been again
> changes in debian-installer strings, which is fine as it probably requires
> those. But is the installer team fully aware of the translation deadline
> that is tomorrow, and are they then taking all the translations from
> Rosetta tomorrow (evening/night) for sure?

They will be likely to take the translations on Sunday evening or Monday
morning: make sure everything is done by Sunday!

> Some of the changes were something that are not required by the graphical
> installer and that are straight from Debian installer. They're also
> something that I've already translated, so also on my concern list is if
> the developers are accidentally overwriting some Rosetta translations.

Overwriting translations with upstream translations when merging is
intentional: upstream translations are *always* given priority by the
developer who deals with this package. That's just the way it is done.

> As a sidenote, is everything about the graphical installer in "ubiquity"
> and "debian-installer" packages? I haven't seen the "forward"/"back"-texts
> anywhere at least.

These are stock gtk strings, and so everything else is in those
packages.

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com
gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF