Wrong Translation - Legal Problem?

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sun Sep 18 14:28:08 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 16:23 +0200, Peter Jochum wrote:
> I got a question about translating the licencing stuff in
> ubuntu-docs-faq. I have only monitored the progress on the german
> translation. We progressed quickly at first, but now there are many
> strings about which rights people have or don't have.
>
> Should these strings be translated at all?
> If they are translated, could there arise problems from a wrong
> translation? (for the translator or even ubuntu itself)

Yeah this is another good question. I have tried to find a solution
whereby we leave the licences out of the template, but have not been
successful so far. My view, reading the licence, is that it should be
left in English where possible.

If I find a better solution, I will upload a new template.

Matt