Wrong Translation - Legal Problem?

Peter Jochum peter.jochum at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 14:49:46 UTC 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter Jochum <peter.jochum at gmail.com>
Date: 18.09.2005 16:49
Subject: Re: Wrong Translation - Legal Problem?
To: mdke at ubuntu.com

well, i think the translated licences are better understandable if
someone doesn't have good english skills (if any at all). some small
errors are acceptable here, but maybe there should be a disclaimer
that there is no guarantee on the translation, and it was just made to
make the lincence more understandable. and a link to the valid english
version.

on http://www.gnu.de/gpl-ger.html i found a german translation for the
gpl for example, and in they header there's a german & english
statement that this document is only for better understanding of the
licence and shouldn't be used as a licence.

Ped