Arabic Translation of Ubuntu

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at canonical.com
Wed Nov 30 10:11:25 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 10:23 +0300, fawaz fawaz wrote:

Hi

> Dear sir
> I`d be pleased if you let me participate in translating Ununto into
> Egyptian Arabic Language.
> I would like to have a section  under the title  " Arabic (Egypt) in
> the translation section.
> my name is : Fawaz
> My e-mail is: fawazarahman at gmail.com

Is there any big difference between Arabic (Egypt) and a common Arabic?

As a suggestion, I think you should try to translate into a common
Arabic that fits the needs of all countries that speak Arabic and when
you have a full translation, then look into fix any specific issue for
your country. That's what other teams do, for instance, the Spanish
team. This way, instead of having 10 teams of 2 or 3 members, you can
get one team of 20-30 members...

What do you think?

Cheers.

--