When is (was?) deadline for translations making it into hoary?

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 5 22:15:38 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 11:51:31PM +0200, Frederik Dannemare wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 April 2005 18:40, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 18:09 +0200, Frederik Dannemare wrote:
> > > I just did some updates of installer components (Danish
> > > translation). Will they make it into hoary?

Any chance you could point me at which components you translated? I
probably won't be able to merge most of the translations now, but I
might be able to do one or two in the event that I'm changing something
else anyway.

It seems very hard to ask Rosetta for a maintainer to-do list, i.e.
"which translations are in Rosetta but not in the package?". Is this on
the Rosetta plan, or is it already implemented somewhere I haven't
noticed?

> > > If they are too late for the initial release tomorrow, will there
> > > be "point releases" of ISO images which includes updated
> > > translations, security fixes, and such?

There won't, no. With six-monthly release cycles, there isn't really
development effort available for point releases.

> > It's too late to update the installer, we are building the final
> > version at the moment but the maintainer asked that you send him the
> > translations in case he can do anything
> > (mailto:colin.watson at ubuntu.com)
> [ ... ]
>
> I translated directly via Rosetta's web interface, and as far as I can
> see this doesn't generate an updated .po instantly (it has to be
> approved by someone first?).

I haven't been taking installer translations via Rosetta for Hoary,
because it only started working for the installer very recently. I'll be
sorting out use of Rosetta for installer translations for Breezy.

  http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2005-March/006121.html

Thanks,