[உபுண்டு தமிழகம்]TUNE RFC

Ramanraj K ramanraj.k at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 03:12:06 GMT 2006

amachu wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 23:07 +0530, Ramanraj K wrote:
>
>> Tamil has a very hoary past, and it would be most fitting to
>> compile a complete list of Tamil chars, and give them a suitable
>> place
>> in the unicode standard.
>>

> I was referring to one of the pdf document (in that URL) and found place
> (hexadecimal value) been given to traditional ளை, லை, ணா etc.,
>
> I use those while writing even now.. would u believe.. and I was feeling
> gr8 to see that.. How to include them in fonts etc.,
>
> I dunno! :-(

The fonts released under the new TUNE have those characters.  It could
be possible to have a new scim module to make use of those characters.
The typewriter layout has provisions to type ணா by entering z, h and
currently, typing Z also has the same effect.  Typing Z ought to output
the old ணா.

Btw, is there a list of Tamil characters that are never used?  Say for
instance ஙௌ, ஙூ etc are seldom used.  If the frequently used Tamil chars
are less than 128, then those could be added to the existing allocation,
and the remaining ones may be listed as Tamil -Additional in the BMP.