brushes for Gimp

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Sat May 25 23:03:11 UTC 2013

Am 26.05.2013 00:33, schrieb Pete Wright:
> Almost through the process of getting weaned from PaintShopPro after many
> happy years with it.
> Now I can do pretty much everything in Gimp I could do with PSP.
> I can make my own brushes and use them.
> But so far I can't get any of the zillions of free brushes from sites like
> Noupe.
> How do I get a set of brushes using Transmission?

I do not know Transmission, it is a convenience-tool to download brushes
and the like?

Anyway you request made me try to find out, if I can do that. So I
registered with deviant art and downloaded this

http://browse.deviantart.com/art/GIMP-Water-Brushes-62663732

The zip-file contained a folder that I copied to .gimp2.8/brushes in my
home-folder. Then I started GIMP and the brushes where available.

May work for you as well?

best regards

HZN