new to Ubuntu Studio

jack wallen jlwallen at monkeypantz.net
Mon Jan 28 19:38:43 UTC 2013

Hello all!

I just joined this list and am about to embark on using Ubuntu Studio. I'm
a long time Linux/Ubuntu user, but now do a lot of audio recording
(specifically, audio books).

I'm migrating from Ubuntu 12.10 because of a horrible issue with
pulseaudio I hope will not rear it's ugly head in Ubuntu Studio. The issue
is the dreaded "skipping" problem.

Currently I have the Live version running (and waiting to pull the trigger
until I have a bit more information).

Has anyone experienced the dreaded skipping in Ubuntu Studio? I'm using
the onboard Intel graphics chip with an i5 processor. I plan on installing
the 64bit version.

Also -- and I'm sure this is a touchy subject -- does it cause any issue
if installing either Unity or GNOME 3?

Thank you so much for any information you can offer.

Jack

--
jack wallen, jr <--- lover of entropy

Writer of the I Zombie, Fringe Killer, Shero, and Screampark series as
well as the upcoming The Book of Jacob Series.
Learn more @ www.monkeypantz.net