Ubuntu Studio 13.04 Beta 2 testing has started!

Ho Wan Chan smartboyhw at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 03:26:45 UTC 2013

Dear developers, testers and users!

First of all, I am extremely sorry for the delay of this announcement. The
testing milestone for Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) has just been created
in the ISO QA Tracker yesterday afternoon (UTC time) and zequence, who was
supposed to send it for me this time, clearly forgotten to. Anyways....

This time we would want testers to especially help out test the upgrade
process from Ubuntu Studio 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal) to Ubuntu Studio 13.04
(Raring Ringtail) Beta 2. Try to install applications that aren't included
in the default ISO, and do some settings customization.

Then either download the image from
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/dvd/pending (NOT c
urrent) and boot into it to upgrade, or just use the Software Updater to do
so.

After upgrading, make sure all the packages are upgraded and that the
settings do remain. If they don't, file a bug against that package in the
Terminal using ``apport-bug (package name)``.

If you just wanted to test the images, use the previous link to download
the ISO. Make sure you run the post-installation tests too.

No matter you are doing the upgrade tests or the installation tests, make
sure you follow tightly the testcases written in
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/264/builds and report the
testing results. When reporting your results please include the bug number
(if any), a hardware profile and some remarks (e.g. whether you are using
VM).

The deadline for testing will be 4th April 14:00 UTC, so that leaves us not
much time for testing.

Fire up your machines and start testing!!

If you have any questions, e-mail ubuntu-studio-devel at lists.ubuntu.com or
go to #ubuntustudio-devel on Freenode and contact Howard Chan (smartboyhw),
Kaj Ailomma (zequence) or Len Ovenwerks (len-1304).

Regards,
Howard Chan (smartboyhw)
Ubuntu Studio Release Manager