No sound from Midi Keyboard via USB

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Sep 19 22:53:03 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 15:56 -0400, Shawn&Stacey wrote:
> "fluid synth" worked for my Maudio board on a USB That was with  "jack" &
> the latancy was low as not an isue
> But that was with an old comp and an old studio8.? and an old soud blaster
> 64 " i think"
> with fliud link the key board to fluid and jack to the board ( sound ? ) now
> your up . fluid is just you wave table  ( all the fucky sound you want off
> the midi controler ) aka the midi board.
> Help I hope?
> ps. i'm not good at code

fluidsynth-dssi is my favourite choice, but it does need soundfonts,
there are some good soundfonts for free available by the web, I've got
no time to search for such a site, but perhaps some of those are good
too: http://www.hammersound.net/. As an information to Dennis,
soundfonts are sampled instruments.