*Official Announcement:* Ubuntu Studio is switching to XFCE.

sdavmor sdavmor at systemstheory.net
Tue May 17 17:30:16 UTC 2011

On 05/17/2011 08:17 AM, Janne Jokitalo wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 07:05:22AM -0500, Scott Lavender wrote:
>> [1] http://labor-liber.org/images/linux/xfce.jpg
>
> Sorry for not adding any information to the thread, but that is a gorgeous
> desktop! DAMN!

+1 on the XFCE desktop.  I have used XFCE (xubuntu) and it's a fine
environment.  Very close to Gnome2 and I expect with a little work it
will more than do the business for Ubuntu Studio.

I have tried Unity and Gnome3. Can't say I saw much to like in either
of them at this time.  Which may change in the future but I'm not in
any hurry to have either of them on machines I use.
http://mikedickson.org.uk