changing to debian?

Gustin Johnson gustin at meganerd.ca
Thu Jun 30 22:00:52 UTC 2011

10.04 is an LTS so you do not need to upgrade it for 3 years.

64Studio will be basing their next version on Debian if you are really
against Ubuntu.

I don't care about Unity, as long as I can choose something else from
apt I don't really care (Xubuntu and Kubuntu are still going to be
around).  Unity is not reason enough to abandon Ubuntu IMO.

I have both Debian and Ubuntu boxen at home, for desktop use, Debian
is still a major PITA to get working.  As much as Canonical and Ubuntu
annoy me sometimes, I can work around the aspects that I dislike
faster than I can get a Debian desktop ready for my workflow.

Of course YMMV.