trying to run my firepod

Gerhard Lang lang.gerhard at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 19:18:02 BST 2010

Am 30.10.2010 19:38, schrieb mentoj dija:

> before i did all that i tried the "firewire"-driver instead of
> "firebob". and it worked. but with to much x-runs. so ich changed
> settings and stuff, and now, its also not working with this
> firewire-driver ;-)
>

> so is there a very simple thing i have to do?

hi, firewire-driver is the right one, not freebob.
To avoid xruns we have to do some other tweaking like adjusting sampling
rate, frames, buffers and periods  in qjackctl  for latency around 8 -
16 ms, stop  cpu frequency governor ondemand and select performance or
userspace ....
specific help is here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FireWire
good luck G