Upgrade to 10.04; still no CD/DVD drive

kirko birilli whyshenwhy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 21 13:43:45 BST 2010

hi paul,
hope that helps with your problem.found it while looking for a solution for my msi-laptop dvd writer.was messing around with udev as well and the discussion in the bug report helped me getting a grip on that what was going on focussing on udev!also k3b worked well and brasero not and try to mount the thingy via command line.
cheers
shen
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/udev/+bug/554433