problems with sound card
asmo.koskinen at arkki.info
Sat Jun 20 21:33:08 BST 2009
john xagoraris kirjoitti:
> I recently have ubuntu studio 9.04 on my Pc which is Pentium 4 with 1 Mb
> RAM and decided to use the TERRATEC EWS 88 MT sound system card
- The sound card is ok. It uses same module as M-Audio Delta-serie.
- Disable audio in motherboard from bios settings.
- Use Ubuntu Studio 8.04.1, if you feel that Ubuntu Studio 9.04 is
trouble one for you/hardware. You do not miss any programs, they are
little bit older, of course, but nothing serious here. Use i386 for P4.
"Ubuntu Studio 8.04.1 (Hardy) DVD Images
This is our recommended release for production critical machines."
- For real time kernel (needed for jackd) read this page.
- Some time ago I wrote this little howto.
Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.
More information about the Ubuntu-Studio-users