ATI 4830 and realtime-kernel

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 11 05:45:51 GMT 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 04:24:30PM EST, sandie wrote:
> Hi all
>
> My Nvidia 7950x2 died friday :-(
>
> I have always used Nvidia, but since Ati now have gone open with the
> specs to their cards, I wanted to support their great initiative and
> that instalation would be fairly simple. so I bought a ATI 4830 and to
> my big supprise... Argh !
>
> Is there really no support for Radeon 4830 in the realtime-kernel ???

What version of Ubuntu are you using? If its intrepid, when using the generic kernel, are you using the proprietary ATI drivers?

If yes to both questions, then I believe there maybe something wrong with the installation/setup of the ATI drivers and the realtime kernel. Without having any new ATI hardware to test with here myself, I can't be sure of whats going on. All I can suggest is to attempt to re-install fglrx-kernel-source, as well as installing the linux-headers-rt package, which should allow the kernel module for the ATI drivers to be built.

Hope this helps

Luke