Selecting Hardware for Music Production

Sean Darby sean at seandarby.com
Thu Oct 23 20:53:42 BST 2008

That's an interesting combination of gear.

I wasn't sure if this would be effective though maybe some others on
this list might know:

Audio device that includes internal sound card + external interface.
Mixer/microphones.

Hook up the mics, go into the mixer, hook the mixer into the external
sound device, which hooks up to the (internal) sound card on the
computer, load the music apps (like in ubustu or 64studio), and go at
it.

Is that an effective way to do it?