Xinerama Nvidia & RT

John Cohen producjohns at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 09:49:00 BST 2008

Hi all

I know its been discussed recently but this is slightly different (i
think)
I have 8.04 (32bit) Desktop and Studio versions installed on two
different hard drives on my AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+. My
Desktop edition works beautifully.
My Studio version has been causing a lot of problems (crashes mostly) I
figured out its probably because of 3D graphics acceleration and the rt
kernel. I disabled the NVIDIA drivers and used the open NV drivers
instead, making the system work alright.
The main problem is that I would really much like to have 2 screens with
xinerama enabled to work with ardour, hydrogen etc.
I tried modifying xorg manually in all sorts of ways but havent managed
to have xinerama enabled with the NV drivers... Is this even possible?
There must be a way to use open drivers and 2 screens! Any suggestions?

thanks
john