Manual for MuseScore (mscore) in Hardy?

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sun Mar 23 15:56:01 GMT 2008

On Sunday 23 March 2008, Joseph Wakeling wrote:
> Also, an unrelated question, mostly for curiosity's sake.  Is there any
> reason why I shouldn't use the realtime kernel when running (K)ubuntu
> for non-studio-related stuff?  Are there use-cases when it's a bad idea?

There might be use cases for server and enterprise stuff.  Otherwise, no
worries.  I'm more of a desktop than hardcore studio user, and I've never
seen any reason not to run a studio-oriented kernel for more mundane use.
When I do take a notion to tinker with some music, everything is in place and
sitting there.  It works out well.  Especially these days, with handy distros
like Ubuntu Studio available.  (And Kubuntu Studio works perfectly well too,
for users of more discriminating taste than the Studio developers who spend
too much time under bridges.  Oh wait, that's trolls, not GNOMEs.  Well,
anyway.  :P  )
--
D. Michael McIntyre