JACK almost working

Norio De Sousa norio at maxiware.co.za
Wed Jul 2 21:25:06 BST 2008

FINALLY figured it all out.

My problem is simply that jackd can only support one soundcard at a time.
So I can either record OR play audio.  Not both, so definitely no monitoring
of what I'm recording until I figure something out.

The positive behind all this is that I can easily replicate jackd settings
that work for recording from my guitar, which is super.  I was beginning to
wonder if the SoundTech LightSnake cable I bought was working at all!

*Anyhoo...

*Alsa supports running 2 cards as 1 virtual card.  That should work for
recording on the 1 and listening to the output on the other.  But I just
can't seem to get my .asoundrc file right.  Help?

www.norio.co.za/files/.asoundrc

Norio
www.norio.co.za