Ardour vs. Audacity?

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Fri Jan 4 01:14:59 GMT 2008

On Thursday 03 January 2008, Darrin Goodman wrote:
> What I would like to know are these two things:
> - is Ardour really all that better (over Audacity) when it comes to
> this sort of multi-tracking, or is there another tool that I should
> look at?

I've used all three, and I really prefer Rosegarden for the middle ground it
occupies here.  More power and JACKiness than Audacity, but not so much power
and JACKiness as Ardour.

I work at Rosegarden, of course, so everything I say about the application is
definitely biased.  Even so, it's a valid enough opinion.  I could have wound
up working somewhere else, and I put my eggs in this basket for good reason.
--
D. Michael McIntyre