Laptop with ATI x600

Rob Landon 4pisqr at gmail.com
Sat May 19 03:04:23 BST 2007

Hi Everyone,

I got my laptop, HP zd8000, to boot-up with Ubuntu Std., and have played
around with some of the music software.  If anyone knows of some good
how to guides for beginners, let me know.  I want to start putting
together some of this stuff in pdf and printed formats.

Just for anyone else that ran into the problems that I had.  I had
issues with Xserver and my ATI x600 graphics card.  I found that this
was common problem with older versions of Ubuntu, but when I looked at
my configuration file I found that it was setting up my graphics card
with the vesa driver.  Using the vesa driver was he suggested fix.  I
changed it to the ati driver, and was in business.  Just the opposite
from the problem with older versions of Ubuntu.  Anyway I'm logging the
changes that I have had to make and how I fixed them for future
reference.

Congrats on an exciting release.  I am enjoying my experience thus far.
Rob