problems installing

Jorge Salgueiro jorge.salgueiro at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 14:51:46 BST 2007

2007/6/14, Karlheinz Noise <khzmusik at hotmail.com>:

> I was going to rant about the "old machine, fuck off" replies, but...
> well,
> why bother. (As the old joke goes: "Arguing on the internet is like
> running
> the special olympics: even if you win, you're still retarded.")
>
> The guy who told me about Ubuntu Studio has an AMD Athlon 1800 with 512Mb
> memory, which is the same as my "good" computer, and he's running just
> fine.
>
> So, let's just ignore the fact that my machine is old. 'Kay? I won't
> install
> it on the Celeron 400, I'll install it on the Athlon machine.
>
> Back to the actual problem...
>
> How am I getting a crc error when the installation DVD isn't bad? (I've
> checked every way I know how to check.)

of course you have checked de md5 of the cd, and you recorded with low
velocity... so another approach:

try to install Fluxbuntu (or the more friendly xubuntu) and then the studio
metapackages from the web ;-)

and your machine to do authoring won't do. But there are a lot of cool sound
applications (not to speak of the csound difficult as hell but light sound
making)

linux is very cool for old computers if you use a light windows manager like
fluxbox, xfce, icewm

where are two sound distros for old computer: dynebolic and musix

-Karlheinz
> http://www.khznoise.com

Um abraço, Jorge Salgueiro
Use GNU/Linux: free culture for a free society