A suggestion and a question

Juan Eduardo Castellón jecastellon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 18:14:21 BST 2007

Hi, I have a suggestion to make for the following releases of Ubuntu
Studio. I'm a graphic designer and the tools that comes with the
release were chosen very well, but I feel that one of the most
important areas of modern design is missing: the web development. I
would suggest you to add some of the common application used for this
kind of works, like Nvu or another html creator/editor, an ftp upload
program, etc. Maybe even FlashForLinux and other programs that could
help create web pages and banners professionally. Also, I really
missed Sodipodi, wich I use a lot for designing logotypes.

Secondly, I have a question: wich are the recomended system
requirements that Ubuntu Studio needs to run video editing software?
I'm not talking about the optimal requirements for making it run in
perfect conditions, but to run all the programs without it being too
slow. I own a Celeron 1.7 processor and use 256 MB od RAM (DDR), but I
want to upgrade my computer just a little bit, so I can play with
video editing from time to time (yes, I know my computer got old, but
I never really needed more power to work). Would 512 of RAM be all
right?

Thank you very much and keep up the good work!

--
Juan Eduardo Castellón