Mscore from source

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sun Dec 23 05:06:56 GMT 2007

On Saturday 22 December 2007, Paul DeShaw wrote:
>  I look forward to this
> walk-through, and will probably install it myself just for the practice (or
> 'practise', if you prefer).  I'm still a little nervous about compiling and
> installing from source.

Well, as it happens, the Hardy .deb seems to install just fine on Gutsy, so it
seems nobody needs to build this from source.

$ dpkg -l|grep mscore
ii  mscore                                        0.7.0.1-0ubuntu1
Full featured WYSIWYG score editor
$ lsb_release -a
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        7.10
Codename:       gutsy

I refer again to:

  https://launchpad.net/~tsmithe/+archive

Though your mileage may vary, and you should always listen to the local
experts, and realize that I'm not an expert when it comes to Ubuntu stuff.
I'm just another plain ol' user who happens to be using Ubuntu Studio as my
personal development platform for Rosegarden; where I really haven't been
developing anything lately anyway.  Mostly I'm just a fat windbag who likes
to sound important here in cyberspace, because everybody in real life ignores
me for the hopeless dweeb I am.
--
D. Michael McIntyre