Mscore from source

Paul DeShaw pauldeshaw at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 04:36:53 GMT 2007

From: Susan Cragin <susancragin at earthlink.net>

> To: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion <
> ubuntu-studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 16:27:06 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
> Subject: Re: a programme addition request
> Hi, Alex.
> I'm off to relatives for a few days, but e-mail me back next Thursday or
> so and I will walk (via email) you through the installation from source.
> It's not hard, and it looks like a great program.
> Susan Cragin
>
> -----Original Message----- <snip>
> From: alex stone
> I´m Alex, and very new to linux, ubuntustudio, and mailing lists in
> general, so if i breach any protocol, please let me know.
> I have another [notation editor], that i ask the ubuntustudio team to
> consider for inclusion.
>
> Mscore, or musescore.  (by Werner Schweer, the developer of Muse.)
>
> As i´m very new at linux the deb building from source process is still
> beyond me, so to access a deb of this programme from the usual repositories
> would be a welcome bonus.
>
> Regards to all in this festive season,
>
> Alex Stone.
>

> Hi,

Thank you,  Susan, for offering to help, and Alex, for asking the question.
Please CC me unless you post to the whole list.  I look forward to this
walk-through, and will probably install it myself just for the practice (or
'practise', if you prefer).  I'm still a little nervous about compiling and
installing from source.

--Paul in Seattle