[ubuntu-studio-devel] ISO Tests

Thomas Pfundt captain-tux at protonmail.ch
Tue Apr 16 21:05:50 UTC 2019

Hi all,

sorry for my radio silence recently, I've spent sunday testing the latest ISO. Most of the test cases worked fine, but in my live system and the first boot on the full install, I wasn't able to get any sound with Controls alone.

I don't know what exactly the issue was, but I had to reboot once for it to work (it was set to load on startup). Is this something to be expected or should I investigate this further? (I still have the test system installed the way it was.)

Otherwise, great UI. Very clear and easy to understand. I'd suggest though that it could be helpful to see the current Jack status (running or off), else there isn't a clear response from the start/restart button.

I also saw there's a new splash screen in place. It looks good, I was thinking about replacing the graphics on the vanilla one, which I should have done first, instead of creating a new one. I couldn't get the the graphics positions/resolution right, unfortunately. Maybe I'll be able to come up with a worthy replacement down the road, should've picked something more up my alley..

Kind regards,
Thomas