[ubuntu-studio-devel] Web design/theme contribution

Shinta Carolinasari shinta at playmain.com
Fri Apr 26 06:18:01 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I am in the middle of website development right now. I would say, the
home page is almost finished and the next stage will be improving the
layout. Once it ready to be shown, I will give you an update.
Meanwhile, I am sorry for the late response for some of you who gave me
feedback.

> I might suggest some tweaks to make content not be halfway visible when page is loaded, and maybe verification of the order of things on first page

About the banner design, as per your feedback, I will adjust the content
is not halfway visible when the page is loaded.
About the order on the homepage, you have mentioned before, would you
give me more details?
Please let me know if you have other feedback..

> I have used wordpress child themes so that changes to the theme code are isolate in a small file and updates work properly without having to update updates to the base theme.

We will build a fresh base theme, based on underscores
(https://underscores.me).
And try to make editable region easier & quick to edit through standard
Wordpress (eg: customizer and widget).
As you've mentioned, a child theme is fine for future major
modifications, but since we have restriction to access theme files, I
don't think it can be done often.

> Or use something like the free versions of Elementor and Astra and
> not deal with themes at all.

Elementor is awesome site builder.
However as discussed before, since we have limited utilization of
plugin, it's better to do it in a conservative way (standard Wordpress).
Luckily Gutenberg will be helpful here, to have block editing experience
even though not as powerful as Elementor.

> if you need photos of a mixing console, small, not original British,
> keyboards from small Bluetooth to a real synth, ...

Thanks :), I really appreciate it. Wondering if you have photo similar
to https://unsplash.com/photos/_mugHa5Fc3M ? So we can replace it.

Thanks again & please let me know if you have further feedback.

Regards,
Shinta