[ubuntu-studio-devel] GIMP 2.10.6 - Was: Cosmic Release Notes

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Oct 18 11:20:53 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-10-17 at 20:32 -0700, Hank Stanglow wrote:
> On 10/17/2018 07:55 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > just a warning regarding GIMP 2.10.6.
> >
> > Two days ago I used it on Arch Linux. It's more or less unusable.
> Oh wow, thanks for that important first hand account. I've been looking
> forward to GIMP 2.10 for several months. It's a HUGE release for them
> and I hope they get a stable version soon.

Hi Hank,

I just downloaded the current daily build and will test GIMP 2.10 on
Ubuntu Studio cosmic, too. I'll report back.

Apart of random crashes, on Arch Linux not everything works as expected.

For example, to change the grid it's required to restart GIMP.

View > [x] Show Grid
Edit > Preferences > Default Image > Default Grid

The  Windows  menu is sometimes fishy, too.

If somebody else wants to test it, I added a script to download the
current daily build. The script does also get the public Ubuntu keys and
anything else needed, to automatically check the ISO against the
_signed_ checksum.

Regards,
Ralf

--
The GIMP related mails of the original thread:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-studio-devel/2018-October/008954.html