[ubuntu-studio-devel] GIMP 2.10.6 - Was: Cosmic Release Notes

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Oct 18 15:39:11 UTC 2018

> On 18 Oct 2018, at 13:20, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I just downloaded the current daily build and will test GIMP 2.10 on
> Ubuntu Studio cosmic, too. I'll report back.

Hi,

booting 20181017.2 "Live" worked without issues, btw. nice splash screen. The desktop appeared. I like the wallpaper.

The computer was unused for a while, so I wasn't surprised about the screen blanking that happened. When I wanted to start testing GIMP a few seconds later, I needed to push Ctrl+Alt+some F key and then Ctrl+Alt+F7 to get back the desktop. Just pushing keys, moving the mouse with and without turning off and on the display didn't work.

FWIW this doesn't happen, if I use an Ubuntu Mate 18.04.1 Live DVD.

Now I've got something else to do, but I keep the daily build running and try to test GIMP later.

To be continued...
Ralf