[ubuntu-studio-devel] Ubuntu Studio 18.04 Released

erich at ericheickmeyer.com erich at ericheickmeyer.com
Fri Apr 27 06:09:28 UTC 2018

We are happy to announce the release of our latest version, Ubuntu Studio
18.04 Bionic Beaver! Unlike the other Ubuntu flavors, this release of Ubuntu
Studio is not a Long-Term Suppport (LTS) release. As a regular release, it
will be supported for 9 months. Although it is not a Long-Term Support
release, it is still based on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS which means the components will
be supported as usual for a LTS release.

Since it's just out, you may experience some issues, so you might want to wait
a bit before upgrading. Please see the release notes for a complete list of
changes and known issues at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BionicBeaver/ReleaseNotes/
UbuntuStudio

Changes in this Release

There are no notable changes in this release since 17.10 Artful Aardvark.
Information on newer packages can be found in the release notes at https://
wiki.ubuntu.com/BionicBeaver/ReleaseNotes/UbuntuStudio

Want to help out?

Ubuntu Studio is maintained by a very small team and we are actively seeking
new contributors. We are looking for developers, packagers and testers. Even
if you are interested in contributing outside these areas, please do not
hesitate to reach out. Your contribution is precious regardless of your field
of activity. We are open to volunteers with all expertise levels. Just head
over to our contribute page to find out how to get started.

Found a bug?

Taking the time to report bugs makes a huge difference; it's the first step
towards improvement! Clear and specific bug reports is the best way to get
attention to a problem that needs fixing. The easiest way to create a bug
report is with the terminal.

Open one up and type: ubuntu-bug <package>

Read more about this at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs