[ubuntu-studio-devel] Meeting Notes 2018-04-21
erich at ericheickmeyer.com
Sun Apr 22 03:25:30 UTC 2018
Present: Krytarik, Eylul, Thomas, Len, Erich
* Delaying new wallpaper for sponsorship reasons
- Opportunity to create even more wallpapers for 18.10
* Len gave a decent write-up of his experiences with MATE
* Discussed merits of MATE
* Discussed welcome app & software boutique
* Discuss criteria for change of Desktop Environment & Additonal DEs.
- Compile a list of each DE's advantages and disadvantages
- HiDPI support should be a priority with more and more HiDPI Monitors &
Laptops hitting the market, especially for creatives.
- GNOME Shell ruled-out as new default DE and first additional DE.
- Decided to table most of this topic for another time
* Discussed items to be included on release notes
- Not LTS
- LP Bug 1761887 - not worth pursuing, and including in release notes is
* Erich authorized FFe for musexcore-sftools and fluidr3mono-gm-soundfont (bug
* Discussed several packages installed by default that accomplish the goal of
other packages installed by default (ex. more than one NLE), and perhaps
limiting that to one per type. Goal is to slim-down the ISO.
- Historically was to help people with physical live CDs & DVDs. More and
more laptops ship without optical drives.
- Would still include items omitted as installable via Software Boutique.
* Discussed limiting Software Boutique to items already in main/universe/
multiverse repos, could also showcase snaps.
- Erich still to discuss limitations of snaps with Alan Pope.
No meeting on April 28th, next meeting on May 5th.
More information about the ubuntu-studio-devel